Thursday, February 10, 2011

Greetings fellow movie lovers!

I’ve started this blog because of my love for movies. With passion and a background in Popular Culture from Brock University, I hope to introduce you to some not-so-famous films as well as some popular blockbuster or award winning films. From a young age I developed an affection for films that can enlighten, inspire, frighten or change us, as well as make us think, laugh and cry. Films have a way of allowing us to escape our lives or help us to understand them. They can tell realistic or fantastical stories of strength, redemption, pain, and compassion. I wanted to write this blog so people would know there is more out there than just what is released in major theatres. I want people to experience more than just Blockbusters and Oscar films.
I am not a film critic or a film theorist; I am simply a lover of film and what it can do for an audience. My job at Empire Theatres and volunteer work with Brock University Film Series (BUFS) simply allow me to observe and report on a variety of films.

No comments:

Post a Comment